Physical conditions around us that we are conditioned to respond to are powerful connections between our minds and our bodies. Little wonder a sleep ritual, a set of physical actions, can trigger our bodies to sleep. Think of it like this. When you smell coffee you want a cup, when you turn on water in the bathroom you want to…well you know…when you hear a certain song you want to dance or sing etc. Sleep rituals are the same. The following is an example.
1) Have a set time to get ready for bed every night.
2) Get up and lock the doors.
3) Turn off the tv, stereo, etc.
4) Turn off the lights.
5) Brush your teeth.
6) Turn on the bedside light.
7) Open a good book.
8) Read until sleepy
9) Turn off bedside light.
This is just an example. It does not matter much what your ritual is. What matters is that you do the same thing each night at the same time.
When the ritual itself is not enough add a cup of Sweet Siesta as follows.
1) Have a set time to get ready for bed everynight.
2) A half our before bedtime start a kettle boiling.
3) Add tea bag and sugar and milk if desired to your favorite mug.
4) When water boils add to mug steep for 3-5 minutes.
5) Drink your tea in a comfortable spot watching tv, listening to music, quietly thinking about you day, whatever you enjoy.
6) Get up and lock the doors.
7) Turn off the tv, stereo, etc.
8) Turn off the lights.
9) Brush your teeth.
10) Turn on the bedside light.
11) Open a good book.
12) Read until sleepy.
13) Turn off bedside light.
Copyright © 2007 Steepings, LLC All Rights Reserved.